The National Weather Association Foundation
The Ken Reeves Memorial AccuWeather Undergraduate Scholarship in Meteorology
The Ken Reeves Memorial AccuWeather Undergraduate Scholarship in Meteorology was established in 2004 thanks to the generosity of AccuWeather, Inc., and was transferred to the National Weather Association Foundation in 2017. It is designed to aid students enrolled in meteorology (or related field) programs at universities listed on the Department of Education’s Accreditation database. The scholarship may be awarded up to $1,000, if a suitable recipient is available, to cover qualified education expenses such as tuition, fees, and course-related expenses such as books, supplies and equipment when the scholarship is paid to the student’s tuition account.
- The Ken Reeves Memorial AccuWeather Undergraduate Scholarship in Meteorology Application Requirements:
- An application deadline will be set each year in the spring.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America, or a permanent legal resident.
- Undergraduates entering their sophomore year or higher in the next fall semester may apply. If classified as a senior, the applicant must have one more fall semester to complete after the scholarship is awarded, or they must document that they have been accepted to graduate school.
- Applicant must complete the National Weather Association Foundation Scholarship Application per instructions in the online application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Past recipients of the Ken Reeves Memorial AccuWeather Undergraduate Scholarship in Meteorology are ineligible.
- While students are encouraged to apply for multiple NWAF scholarships, the NWAF will not award a student multiple scholarships in any given year.
- The award will be based on the following in the order of importance: (1) academic merit, (2) one-page statement of interest, and (3) two academic references (at least one from a current/former meteorology professor).
The Ken Reeves Memorial AccuWeather Undergraduate Scholarship in Meteorology is dedicated to the memory of Kenneth W. Reeves (1961-2012), a longstanding and supportive member of the National Weather Association and employee of Accuweather, Inc. (Vice President, General Manager, and Senior Meteorologist). AccuWeather, Inc. is a charter Corporate Member of the NWA. Dr. Joel N. Myers is the Chairman and President. Please visit their website for more information: www.AccuWeather.com
Approved by NWAF Board: April 25, 2017
Application Link: CLOSED