The National Weather Association Foundation
The Ken Reeves Memorial AccuWeather Undergraduate Scholarship in Meteorology
The Ken Reeves Memorial AccuWeather Undergraduate Scholarship in Meteorology is dedicated to the memory of Kenneth W. Reeves (1961-2012), a longstanding and supportive member of the National Weather Association and employee of Accuweather, Inc. (Vice President, General Manager, and Senior Meteorologist). The fund was established in 2004 to aid students in their sophomore year or higher of undergraduate study, or in graduate study, enrolled in a program of meteorology or atmospheric science (or related field). The Ken Reeves Memorial AccuWeather Undergraduate Scholarship in Meteorology may be awarded in an amount up to $1,000 per year to one qualified student to cover qualified education expenses such as tuition, fees, and course-related expenses such as books, supplies, and equipment. Applicants must have one or more semesters to complete after the scholarship is awarded.
- The Ken Reeves Memorial AccuWeather Undergraduate Scholarship in Meteorology Requirements
A. Application deadline is April 5, 2018. (Subject to Foundation approval each year)
B. Applicant must complete the National Weather Association Foundation Scholarship Application
C. Applicant must provide the following with the Scholarship Application for the application to be considered complete:
1. Current transcript. Unofficial copies are accepted; however, an official transcript may be requested.
2. List of extracurricular and volunteer activities conducted during college career including paid and unpaid internships.
3. GPA on all official transcripts for previous education.
4. Essay from selected questions provided with the Scholarship Application.
5. Two recommendations with a minimum of one being academic in nature. No relatives.
- The Ken Reeves Memorial AccuWeather Undergraduate Scholarship in Meteorology Review Process
A. Applications will be reviewed in accordance with the National Weather Association Foundation’s Scholarship Policy and any selection by the Foundation’s Board shall be final.
B. Each scholarship applicant will be ranked against other applicants and judged by the quality of information provided.
C. Consideration will be given to academic merit and demonstrated interests.
D. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
E. Selected applicants may be requested to interview with the Education Committee.
F. Applicants will be notified if awarded a scholarship.
G. The National Weather Association Foundation reserves the right to provide media with information on the award of this scholarship.
H. A scholarship award or any given amount is not guaranteed in any given year.